Vegan Unicorn White Chocolates
When I was little, I loved unicorns. I know it is not unusual for a little girl to love unicorns, they are after all mysterious and beautiful creatures. But I think at one point when I was about 5 I thought that they were real and I had just never seen one. I had a unicorn My Little Pony, unicorn wallpaper, unicorn pjs, among other things. I thought that they were pretty awesome. But for about 25 years I haven't thought much about them. Until this latest unicorn everything phase everyone is going through. I am cool with it. I love brightly colored rainbow swirled and sparkly things. Although I wouldn't drink a Starbuck's Unicorn Frapp. I would rather make my own at home that I made myself and I knew tasted good and wouldn't put me into a sugar coma. I have been wanting to make something "unicorn" themed for a while now, so I decided to finally do it this week. I did not make a unicorn frapp. though, because you can already find plenty of healthier vegan recipes for those, and I wasn't in a smoothie mood. So, I decided on unicorn white chocolates!
I love vegan white chocolate, it is so tasty and I figured I could color it with some natural ingredients that would add some surprise flavors. I chose raspberries, blueberries, matcha and turmeric. So, it was more on the fruity side since the matcha and turmeric didn't add much flavor. Berries and white chocolate are a match made in heaven as far as I am concerned. If you didn't like berries and you wanted this to be a purely vanilla chocolate, you could color it with other things such as beet powder or a small amount of spirulina (be careful with that one though, you don't want the flavor to come through). For my white chocolate base, I use a mixture of cacao butter, coconut butter, and cashew butter and it turns out so rich and dreamy once chilled.
These turned out just as delicious as I imagined! I think I would have loved them as a kid, because I always went for white chocolate and anything rainbow and colorful always got my attention. If you are in the mood for something sweet, give these a go! They are so dreamy, and that slight berry flavor is so heavenly with the sweet vanilla!
Vegan Unicorn White Chocolates
- 1/2 cup cacao butter (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp raspberry powder*
- 1 Tbsp blueberry powder*
- 2 tsp matcha powder or spinach powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Combine all of the white chocolate ingredients over a double boiler, and whisk until smooth. Divide between 4 bowls.
- Stir the raspberry powder into one bowl until completely blended, then the blueberry powder into the next bowl, then the matcha powder into the next, then the turmeric into the last.
- Set out 8 (peanut butter cup style) chocolate molds. Drizzle a little of each of the different colors of chocolate into each mold, swirl a little with a toothpick, and place into the freezer for about 30 minutes until hard. Enjoy!
- Store any leftover chocolates in the refrigerator.
*To make the fruit powders, simply pulverize freeze dried raspberries and blueberries (separately) in a coffee grinder or blender.