I love home made granola! It is so easy to make, and so much better than store bought that since I started making my own I have never gone back. I love that I can create my own flavors as well! The only problem with it is that when I have a pan of it cooling on the counter it is really hard to stop snacking on as it is so good and so delicious when a little bit warm still. Last weekend I made a really simple one and it was so delicious I have to share the recipe. It is Strawberry Granola! Although I love nuts and coconut shreds in my granola much of the time, I really let the strawberries be the star of this one!
I used thick rolled oats as the base, because those are what I normally eat and they give it a good crunch. I made a coating of coconut oil, raw cashew butter, sweetened with maple syrup, strawberry powder and vanilla and it smelled amazing before even coating the granola! This is definitely a winning combo and the aroma was so heavenly while it baked!
I added in freeze dried strawberries after it was baked and it was perfect! Yes, I have been using a lot of them in my recipes lately but I bought quite a lot of them and I love them in recipes because they add so much intense strawberry flavor! This granola was so delicious sweet with strawberries and vanilla with a good crunch, so simple but so good! My husband Eric even ate quite a bit which means it has to be good given he doesn't usually eat any sort of oats that are not quick cooking. If you are in the mood for a crunchy munchy snack, definitely give this Strawberry Granola a try!
Makes 6 cups
- 3 cups organic gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp cup raw cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp strawberry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and set rack at the medium position.
- Add oats to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, cashew butter, strawberry powder, sea salt, and vanilla extract until well combined, then pour over oats and toss to coat until completely blended.
- Pour out onto prepared baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes or so until the granola is evenly browned. Remove from oven and let cool. Stir in strawberries and enjoy!