Heavenly Raw Cherry Rose Bars

Every woman deserves to feel beautiful and treat herself.  Including something indulgent once in a while.  I enjoy fresh fruit most of the time, and I felt as if I was treating myself when I bought a large bag of cherries this weekend.
They were a treat alone, so sweet and delicious.  But I decided that they needed to be put in something a little more beautiful and grand, so I paired them with a rose cream and made some heavenly bars.  I made a pistachio coconut crust as the base, then topped it off with raw cherry jam, fresh cherries, then a sweet coconut rose cream. They would have been wonderful as they were, but I decided to top them off with chocolate as well to make them even more delicious.
They turned out pretty amazing, and I definitely felt like I was treating myself as I indulged in my first few bites of them.  The aroma was amazing with the rose, and it was like biting into something in a dream, so heavenly.

Heavenly Raw Cherry Rose Bars
Makes 16 bars

Crust:
1 cup raw pistachio nuts
1 cup finely shredded dried coconut
3/4 cup buckwheat, sprouted and dehydrated (or additional coconut)
12 soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them until they are and drain them)

Cherry jam:
1 cup pitted red cherries
2 Tbsp dried cherries (soaked in filtered water for 30 minutes and drained well)
1 Tbsp raw coconut nectar
1 Tbsp coconut butter, warmed to liquid

2 cups red cherries, pitted and halved

Rose Cream:
1 cup raw cashews or pine nuts, soaked 2 hours and drained well
1 cup fresh young coconut meat (or 1 cup cashews if coconut is unavailable)
1/4 cup fresh coconut water (or filtered water)
3 Tbsp raw coconut nectar or raw agave nectar
seeds of one vanilla bean, or 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp rosewater
1 small chunk red beet (optional for color)
3 Tbsp coconut butter, warmed to liquid
1/4 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid

Chocolate glaze:
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid
1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or raw agave nectar
a pinch of sea salt

For the crust, combine nuts, coconut, buckwheat, sea salt, and dates in the food processor and process until fine crumbs and starting to hold together when squeezed. Press the mixture into a square on a foil lined sheet pan 1/4 inch thick, and set aside in the fridge.
To make the cherry jam, combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.  Spread over crust then top with the halved cherries cut side down, and place in the freezer while you make the cream.
To make the cream, combine all ingredients but the coconut butter and oil in a food processor and process until smooth.  With the motor running, add the coconut butter and oil and process a minute more.  Pour the cream over the cherries on the crust, spread to smooth and place in the freezer until firmed up, about 2 hours (it needs to be very firm in order to cut cleanly).
Meanwhile, to make the chocolate glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.  Pour it over the bars to form a thin layer, then smooth out (you may have extra, in which case pour it onto a foil lined pan and let harden, then use another time) then place in the freezer just until set, about 5 minutes, then cut into bars (I use a knife dipped in hot water, then wiped dry quickly to cut them (it slices cleaner since it melts the chocolate, and you need to dip it in the hot water between each cut)) enjoy!  Store in the fridge.

July 29, 2013 at 15:52

This looks delicious! Although I am allergic to nuts. So do you please have any suggestions as to what I can substitute for the coconut, cashews and pistachios? Thanks :)

• July 29, 2013 at 18:14

Thank you :)! You could use sunflower seeds for the crust, then for the filling use 2 cups avocado(if you do not mind it being green. hey, it might be pretty with the red cherries ;)). I hope that helps!

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2013 at 18:20

Thanks so much!!! Love your recipes! :)

2. July 29, 2013 at 16:18

Every layer of this sounds amazing, especially the crust. Have you thought about opening your own raw bakery?

• July 29, 2013 at 18:14

Thank you so much :)! I have, maybe in the future when I have more knowledge and can afford it ;)!

3. July 29, 2013 at 18:21

How delicious?! I'm a frequent visitor and find your recipes truly inspiring but this one... Oh boy, I'm in raw cake heaven!! Hugs from Sweden<br />/Rosenklo

• July 29, 2013 at 22:59

Thank you so much :)! I am happy you are enjoying the recipes! Hugs back :)!

4. Ellen Lederman
    July 29, 2013 at 21:14

Glorious! I'm drooling. I actually have a bottle of rosewater (sometimes I put pineapple in rosewater with pistachios on top).<br /><br />I was actually waiting for you to use lavender---I thought I read on Facebook that you bought some and would use it.<br /><br />More knowledge needed until you do a raw bakery? I don't think so! I think you are there already, with your expertise in nutritious and delicious food. And the presentation is flawless.

• July 29, 2013 at 23:01

That pineapple sounds amazing! I need to try that. I did use the lavender, but I am publishing that post on Thursday, my one year anniversary of going raw. <br />Yes more knowledge is needed. I am still learning so much and I have no knowledge on how to run a business. I am just an artist that makes cakes and can write recipes ;).

July 29, 2013 at 22:17

Amy, congratulations!! this cake is amazing!! I will try it as soon as possible (when I buy the pistachos). Thank you soooo much. <br />Cheers from Spain,<br />Raquel.<br />

• July 29, 2013 at 23:01

Thank you so much :)! I am glad you enjoy it. You are sooo welcome ;)!

6. lena
    July 30, 2013 at 06:58

This is amazing!

• July 30, 2013 at 11:07

• July 30, 2013 at 23:00

7. August 6, 2013 at 21:44

Just made this, and it certainly is heavenly. The only changes I made were using almonds instead of pistachios, 2 teaspoons rosewater, and melted chocolate chips for the top. One of the best desserts I've ever eaten during my 7 years of being gluten/dairy free.

• August 7, 2013 at 02:31

Awesome! I am so happy you made it your own and enjoyed it :)!

8. November 9, 2016 at 21:38

Another wonderful creation! I featured it on today's round-up :) http://www.colorfulcanary.com/2016/11/healthy-holiday-desserts-14-radical-raw.html

• November 10, 2016 at 00:44

Thank you so much for including me :)!