Raw Blueberry Lime Fudge

I have been really into raw fudge lately.  I was going to make another batch last week and I could not decide what kind.  So many possibilities and flavor combinations for a blank coconut palate.  What I finally decided on though was blueberry.  I had stocked up on blueberries on sale and the fudge would be delicious with them!  I was going to make blueberry lemon, but then I saw the limes on my counter and decided that blueberry lime would be heavenly!

I used my usual coconut base to keep it simple and sweet and once it was all blended together it tasted like blueberry muffin batter.  I knew it would be delicious once set...at least the part that made it to that stage that I had not "tasted" along the way.  The batter was quite addictive.

I decided to cut it into hearts since I like my food to be pretty as well.  It was delicious!  Just as good as the batter, and certainly as addictive, since I could not just eat one once I tried it.  The blueberries and coconut were sweet and the lime slightly tart, the perfect balance to my tastes.

Raw Blueberry Lime Fudge
makes about 12 hearts (or 16 squares)

3 cups dried, finely shredded coconut
1/2 cup raw coconut nectar (or raw agave nectar, or maple syrup)
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
4 Tbsp raw macadamia butter or raw almond butter
1 cup fresh organic blueberries
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp organic lime zest

In a blender, grind one cup of the shredded coconut to flour.  Remove and set aside.  Blend the remaining 2 cups of the shredded coconut to coconut butter and leave in the blender.  Add the coconut nectar, sea salt, vanilla, almond butter, berries and lime and process until smooth. Add the coconut flour and process until well combined.  Spread out onto a piece of tinfoil in a rectangle 1/2 inch thick, and place in the fridge for about an hour to firm up.
Once firm, cut into hearts with a small cookie cutter (or cut into squares).  Store in the fridge.

1. June 7, 2013 at 15:19

Looks beautiful!!! Sure it tastes amazing!

2. Ellen Lederman
    June 7, 2013 at 16:13

Yum! Just got done reading an article about how blueberries (3 servings a week) decrease chances of a heart attack by 32%:<br /><br />http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/060113p16.shtml<br /><br />So----this sounds like a fun way to work towards that quota!<br /><br />I loved the raw strawberry fudge, but this sounds even more interesting, with several flavors going on. By the way, I had to freeze some of the strawberry fudge since I had way too many desserts to keep up with, thanks to you! It freezes really well.

• June 8, 2013 at 12:22

Awesome! I enjoy them while they are in season which is now :)! I am glad you enjoyed the fudge, I will be making more! Thank goodness for freezers ;)!

3. July 23, 2013 at 00:58

Where have you used the coconut butter (made from the 2 cups of shredded coconut)? I suppose blend it all in the food processor with rest of the ingredients?

• July 23, 2013 at 10:54

You leave it in the blender then add the other ingredients.

4. April 15, 2014 at 23:59

This looks amazing..... and my local Costco has coconut flour now. Must try!

• April 16, 2014 at 12:31

Thank you :)! This doesn't call for coconut flour though ;). Also, I would not recommend using coconut flour from the store ever in my recipes because it is too dry and it results in a not as tasty end product. It is so easy to make yourself by just blending finely shredded coconut in the blender for about 20 seconds (but not too long or it will become butter).