Raw Almond Butter Raspberry Cups

If I am out running in the summer, and there is a sprinkler...damn right I am running through it!  A bit of the kid in me comes out.  I am serious about running, all business in the morning when I lace up my shoes until I finish my last mile, but I veer off of my course for a sprinkler.  I admit, it has a purpose on a 90 degree day, to keep me cool, but I would say I do it more for fun.

That is kind of the mentality I had when I made some Raw Almond Butter Raspberry Cups last weekend.  I had extra chocolate, and I could have taken the easy way out and simply put it in molds all boring and left it at that, but the child in me wanted nut butter cups. Peanut butter cups were always my favorite, but I thought I would put an adult twist on it with raw almond butter and fresh local raspberries.

They were functional, in that they used up my extra chocolate, and they made me feel like a kid again when I ate them.  Seriously though, the fresh raspberries were better than any jam I could have used and it was pretty amazing with the sweet raw almond butter and dark chocolate.  I have a feeling any kid or adult would take a couple of these down in no time and be pretty happy.

Raw Almond Butter Raspberry Cups
Makes 12

Chocolate:
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid
1/4 cup raw coconut nectar or raw agave nectar
a pinch of sea salt

about a heaping 1/4 cup almond butter
36 fresh raspberries

12 mini sized foil cups (regular peanut butter cup sized, not the tiny and not the regular muffin size)

To make the chocolate, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Set 12 foil cups out, and fill them 1/3 full with chocolate.  Set in the freezer until hard (about 15 minutes), then place about 1 tsp of almond butter into the center of each.  Press 3 raspberries into it, then spoon chocolate over to cover.  Set in the freezer until hard, about 15 minutes.  Store in the fridge.

1. August 2, 2013 at 14:38

YUMMY!! This looks delicious and super easy to make!! I am making this really soon once I have cacao and almond butter on hand. Thanks for the inspiration, as always Amy!! You rock! ;)<br />Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!! :)

• August 2, 2013 at 22:40

Thanks Miliany :)! You totally should! You could even put different types of berries if you wanted. You have a wonderful weekend as well!

August 2, 2013 at 17:36

I can not do sweetners I forgot what I can do one tsp or one table spoon, How much susgar does each have and I would have to do with white chocolate this sounds great.<br />

• August 2, 2013 at 22:41

Probably about 1 Tbsp each of the agave or coconut nectar.

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2013 at 13:35

I've done a chocolate that's very similar to this. I use 1/4 c coconut oil, 1/2 cacao powder, and 1-2 tbsp of coconut nectar and it still tastes sweet. :)

• August 3, 2013 at 20:55

I will have to try yours :)!

3. August 3, 2013 at 11:06

Yes please! Raspberries and chocolate are so good together. Bring in almond butter to the mix and that's got to be even better. <br />The raspberries are late this year here so I've just been finishing last years lot from the freezer. Hopefully I'll get some local, fresh ones soon :)

• August 3, 2013 at 12:08

Yes! They are sooo good :)! I hope you get some too so you can try this :)!

August 7, 2013 at 11:19

Hi Amy,<br /><br />These look so mouth watering good, that I would like to make them for a dinner party Im having Friday. Unfortunately I cant seem to find foil cups anywhere, not even online (I live in Holland). Is it possible to make them with regular cupcake cups? Or do you think it will stick? And if so, do you perhaps have an other suggestion? Thank you for the inspiration. : ) Jet.

• August 8, 2013 at 02:12

Thank you :)! I got mine at the grocery store, but you might try Wilton online, or a anywhere that sells cake supplies. They have to be foil or they will stick.

5. Francine
    August 15, 2013 at 03:10

I made these delicious treats and am in love! Sooo good! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

• August 15, 2013 at 21:46

Awesome! I am glad you enjoyed them :)!

6. August 18, 2013 at 00:58

Wow...just made these and soooooo good! Question, my husband is trying to go completely sugar free on a candida cleanse. How could I use stevia in this recipe in place of the coconut nectar? What would I replace the liquid with? Same with your nut goodies...I'd have to replace the dates. Is this even possible to do with these recipes?<br />Love the photos and your site.<br />Thanks<br /><br />Latifa

• August 18, 2013 at 02:48

Awesome! I am so glad you enjoyed them :). You could use stevia in place of the coconut nectar, I would just whisk together the cacao powder and oil, then add a little until you get the correct sweetness. The liquid should not matter too much here. But if you feel you need more, add a little more oil. I am not sure about the nut goodies, the dates give them the correct flavor. You could try leaving them out and using stevia. Let me know what happens!

7. August 18, 2013 at 13:48

Thanks Amy...I'll give it a try with my next batch...He may just not be able to eat the nut goodies...they may have to be all mine :D<br />

• August 18, 2013 at 20:34

No problem :)! You will want them to be all yours, they are THAT good ;)!