Beet Citrus Love Juice

I could not have been more excited about finally getting a juicer last week.  For a while now I have watched friends post pics of their delicious refreshing juices...wanting to make my own so badly!  Now, I finally can!  The first juice I wanted to make was something with beets.  I love them so much, and find myself putting them in my salads and desserts every day, so it would be fitting.

It was funny, Eric had given me fresh local beets, and one of them was so big it was the size of a small child's head.  I called it the "mother beet".  It ended up in my red velvet doughnuts, my salad dinners...and now my juice! Now that is what is called getting lots of bang for your buck on something.  It made for delicious juice too, combined with 2 of my favorite citrus fruits grapefruit and blood orange, and fresh organic strawberries.  This was lip smacking good.  Honestly, it was as good as dessert to me and I can not wait to make more juice!

Beet Citrus Love Juice
Serves 1

3 medium red beets, cut into pieces
1 large grapefruit, peeled
2 blood oranges, peeled
2 cups organic strawberries
1 sweet apple, cut into quarters

Put all ingredients through a juicer, stir up and enjoy!

1. February 5, 2014 at 17:37

This juice looks so lovely, I might give it a go because I love beets too but whenever I have them juiced it makes me nauseous for about a minute after drinking them. It is really weird because eating them is fine. Maybe making my own juice will sort it out

• February 5, 2014 at 22:35

You should :)! Making your own juice is way better than buying it, and you should be fine if you eat beets raw anyhow (it is the same just extracted). Maybe it is something they put in the commercial beet juice that doesn't agree?

2. February 5, 2014 at 17:48

Sounds (and looks) deeelicious! Will for sure make. And high five to you on your new juicer! :) Which juicer did you end up getting?

• February 5, 2014 at 22:35

Thank you :)! I hope you do try it, it is so yummy! I got a Breville.

• February 6, 2014 at 18:27

Ours was just delivered yesterday (Omega VRT400 slow juicer. A long time waiting for this machine since our old one was a centrifugal Jack LaLanne). As I'm sure you know, the slow juicers don't oxidize your produce as quickly as the centrifugal—which means higher nutrient content. For sure juice at the lowest speed if your Breville has two speeds. Can't wait to see what awesome juice recipes you'll be coming up with. :) Happy juicing!

• February 5, 2014 at 22:35

Agreed, and why I love beets so much :)!

3. February 6, 2014 at 02:30

Did you get the new Breville slow speed juicer, or the older style fast speed juicer?

• February 6, 2014 at 03:12