Raw Raspberry Rose Cream Truffles

Last year, I made some raspberry rose truffles around Valentine's day.  They were so good, that this year I decided that I needed to try making a raw version of them! I made both raspberry rose cream truffles, and a dark chocolate version, and they were both wonderful!
They were decadent, creamy and silky, the raspberry cream sweet and the chocolate tasting like the best mousse.  They were 100x better than the non-raw ones I made last year.  These would be a perfect gift on Valentine's day, and I shared some with my Mother who loved them!  They are easy to make, and if you surprise someone special with a box of these they will be impressed!  Happy Valentine's day!

Raw Raspberry Rose Cream Truffles
Makes about 2 dozen

Raspberry Filling:
1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces (soaked)
1/4 cup filtered water

1/4 cup raw coconut nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla and seeds of half a vanilla bean
1 tsp rosewater
1/4 cup raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
1 1/2 cups organic raspberries (if using frozen, thaw and drain liquid very well)

Chocolate:
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup raw coconut oil
1/4 cup raw coconut nectar
a pinch of sea salt

For the filling, in a food processor, combine the cashews, water, coconut nectar, sea salt, vanilla, and rosewater and process until smooth. With the processor running, add the coconut oil and process another minute until well incorporated.  Add the raspberries and process until smooth.  Pour into a bowl, and place in the freezer until firm, but scoopable.  Scoop some of the cream out of the bowl by the heaping Tbspful and form into balls.  Place on foil, and once they are all rolled, place back in the freezer to harden.

Meanwhile, make the chocolate. In a bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and sea salt until smooth.  Allow to set until the mixture cools and thickens slightly.
Dip the filling balls into the chocolate and place on the foil.  Once they are all dipped, place them back in the freezer to set completely.  Enjoy!  Store extra in the freezer.

Variation: Chocolate Raspberry Rose Truffles
Follow the recipe for the raspberry rose cream truffles, but along with the raspberries add 1/4 cup raw cacao powder and continue with the recipe.

1. Lisa
    February 12, 2013 at 13:07

Oh, these look fabulous! Thank you!!!

• February 12, 2013 at 13:14

2. Lisa
    February 12, 2013 at 13:09

Must ask... How long can these stay out of the freezer without the chocolate melting? I may want to take these on a trip for friends!!! :-)

• February 12, 2013 at 13:17

They don't need to be frozen after the initial making, but they need to stay refridgerated. I would say do not leave them out at room temperature for more than an hour or they will become too soft.

3. February 12, 2013 at 13:41

These sound so amazing! I love raspberry flavored everything. I would even love to try a cherry version when they are back in season!

• February 12, 2013 at 23:57

Thanks so much shannon :)! Cherry sounds awesome! I might even have to try that...cherry almond would be wonderful with the chocolate :)!

4. em
    February 12, 2013 at 14:18

wow, i envy your creativity and obvious talent for pastry!

• February 12, 2013 at 23:57

Thanks so much Em :)!

5. February 12, 2013 at 15:05

Delicious and healthy. Bravo!

• February 12, 2013 at 23:58

Thanks so much Olga :)!

February 12, 2013 at 16:10

You are amazing!

• February 12, 2013 at 23:58

February 12, 2013 at 16:31

What is rosewater ?

• February 12, 2013 at 23:59

It is basically distilled rose petals. It is fragrant, and makes desserts smell and taste beautiful like rose.

8. February 12, 2013 at 17:44

God lord those look amazing. I shouldn't be looking at your blog around lunch time, my stomach just went grrrrowl! Thanks for sharing :)<br /><br />Happy Blogging!<br /><a href="http://www.happyvalleychow.com/" rel="nofollow">Happy Valley Chow</a><br />

• February 13, 2013 at 00:00

Thanks so much :)! I suppose it makes you want to eat dessert for lunch ;).

9. February 12, 2013 at 18:02

Not a fan of rose as a flavour so will just make 'em fruity :-)

• February 13, 2013 at 00:00

They will still be delicious I am sure.

10. February 13, 2013 at 04:09

Amy, loved this recipe! I did not have raspberries but had lots of oranges. I used the juice and zest and some doTerra Orange oil and they were divine. Love your blog you have opened my eyes to a whole new world of desserts. Thank you.

• February 13, 2013 at 12:19

Thanks so much :)! That sounds amazing with orange as well! I might have to try that!

11. February 13, 2013 at 06:31

I'm making these for work for Valentine's Day. They look great! I've never soaked cashews before, any suggestions on how long? Thanks!

• February 13, 2013 at 12:20

Awesome! So happy to hear you are trying them out :)!Soaked for 4 hours is fine.

February 13, 2013 at 22:12

Im making them right now! super exited!

• February 14, 2013 at 03:00

Awesome! SO happy to hear you are :)!

13. February 14, 2013 at 00:41

looks delicious!

• February 14, 2013 at 03:00

February 18, 2013 at 04:43

thanks for share<a href="http://www.justdetective.com/" title="徵信社" rel="nofollow">.</a><a href="http://www.justdetective.com/" title="徵信" rel="nofollow">.</a><a href="http://www.cool007.org/" title="徵信" rel="nofollow">.</a><br />

February 18, 2013 at 23:33

I can I substitute cashews for almonds????<br />Thanks

• February 19, 2013 at 04:29

Yes you can!

16. February 19, 2013 at 13:30

I am addicted to looking at your desserts! Oh my, you have a wonderful eye for food photography! I do not like coconut, so was so happy to see that this recipe doesn't call for it :) Now about this "rosewater"...is something you would make or purchase - would love to make these with my daughter this weekend! Thank you so much!

• February 20, 2013 at 00:01

Thank you so much :)! You can always sub coconut with other things ;). Rosewater is something you buy, it is the essence of rose, and is often available in the baking aisle at health food stores, middle Eastern markets or cake supply stores.

17. February 25, 2013 at 03:57

These look good!!! So excited to be about to finally make truffles! Will you also do one where you temper the chocolate? I've yet to learn that technique and would love to. Thanks!

• February 25, 2013 at 12:02

Thanks Kim! No need to temper with this recipe :).

18. February 28, 2013 at 02:45

They look divine, I will have to try it.

• February 28, 2013 at 05:02

19. March 9, 2013 at 07:37

Hi. Can I just warn everyone not to use frozen berries? My truffles are very sloppy:(

• March 9, 2013 at 12:51

I actually used frozen berries. You need to thaw them first and make sure you drain the moisture.

20. March 9, 2013 at 11:32

Marika - thank you for that - was just about to use frozen berries! Also, to Amy, if I freeze them and take them out frozen and transfer in a coolbox or coolbag, will they be ok for a few hours until I get to my mum for mothers. day (about a 3.5 hour car journey). It's either that or I make one of your desserts instead - but found this and thought it would be nice!

• March 9, 2013 at 12:52

I used frozen berries, you need to thaw them and drain the juice off very well. Yes, the truffles will be fine in a cool bag. You can store them in the fridge, I gave some to my boyfriend for V-day and they kept for a couple weeks in the fridge :).

March 11, 2013 at 23:20

These look amzazing. Your recipes are wonderfull. I cannot WAIT to finish my de tox diet so I can try some of your super healthy recipes!! Thank you so much for your amazing recipes. You should do a book!

• March 12, 2013 at 12:00

Thanks so much :)! I am happy to share with you, I am planning on doing a book this year when I have more time.

22. March 14, 2013 at 01:53

Any suggestions on what I could use instead of cashews? We have nut allergies here. Thanks!

23. March 22, 2013 at 06:40

Hi Amy, I made your truffles this evening (very yummy) but I had a difficult time fully coating them with the chocolate. Your truffles in the photographs look perfect, do you have any tips? Thanks a bunch!

• March 22, 2013 at 12:04

You have to make sure the inside is frozen well, then sit it on a fork and carefully drop it into the coating, then scoop it up with the fork again and let the excess drain off (or if you have a candy fork it would be even better, but I do not), then roll it onto the foil. You may need to dip twice if the chocolate is really warm.

• March 22, 2013 at 13:26

Thanks Amy, I now see where I went wrong haha. Great recipes, thank you for sharing!

• March 22, 2013 at 21:32

No problem :)!

24. March 22, 2013 at 13:24

This comment has been removed by the author.

25. Aleece Rose
    May 19, 2013 at 19:04

Where did you get your rose water?

• May 20, 2013 at 01:12

You can get it from middle eastern stores, or from health food or cooking stores by the vanilla extract. I got mine from the health food store I work at.

26. Ellen Lederman
    June 3, 2013 at 02:04

Delicious! But like Chrissy, I had some difficulty with them. Part of this was my fault; I was impatient and didn't let the filling freeze (just put in in the freezer for less than an hour)---so they were firm(ish) and chilled, but not rock solid. While attempting to coat them, they started to disintegrate. Had to freeze them again. And I will try foil next time. They stuck to the glass or plastic containers I was putting them into.<br /><br />A silly question---you mention waiting until the chocolate mixture cools down but never really said to heat it. And if it's raw, it wouldn't be heated, would it? My coconut oil liquifies pretty readily just taking it out of the container. Mixed with agave and cocoa, I thought it was the right consistency. But....I ran out of the chocolate and had to make another batch! And even so, the truffles weren't perfectly coated.<br /><br />You definitely have some photography skills, but they still couldn't make my truffles look anywhere near as perfect as yours! The coating isn't as smooth. The balls aren't as nicely shaped. So I feast my eyes on your pictures, but my taste buds are still happy. And I'm trying not to beat myself up about not having your skills---to just be happy that I'm attempting something new and to be pleased with such a treat that's healthy and delicious. Sort of a Zen lesson---taking what I learn in yoga off the mat and into the kitchen.<br /><br />

• October 18, 2013 at 19:57

Don't beat yourself up, I have had a lot of practice. What matters is how they tasted :).

October 18, 2013 at 18:03

Thanks for the recipe, looks delish! I tried the recipe using fresh raspberries, as this is what I had on hand but for some reason, they are not setting up well at all, I've had them in the freezer for hours and it is still more like a spread, can't seem to mold them into balls but they taste great!!! Any suggestions? I went by the recipe almost exactly minus the use of fresh raspberries....

• October 18, 2013 at 19:52

You can add more coconut oil (but you would have to blend them again then chill again).

• March 5, 2014 at 00:43

I tried your truffles and I absolutely loved them! The first time I made them, they weren't so pretty. But I figured out a couple of tips which helped with the presentation. Here is my experience as well as sharing your recipe for my friends and family to try! Thank you for sharing such wonderful recipes! I enjoy them and look forward to making many more! :-) http://sinceresoulslife.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/raw-raspberry-rose-cream-truffles/

28. March 5, 2014 at 00:40

I tried your truffles and I absolutely loved them! The first time I made them, they didn't come out as pretty. It was a little tricky dipping the filling into the chocolate But then I figured out a couple of tips which helped with the presentation the second time I made them. Here is my experience, for I couldn't help but share your recipe on my blog for my friends and family to try! :-) Thank you for sharing such wonderful unique recipes! I enjoy them and look forward to making many more from your website! :-) http://sinceresoulslife.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/raw-raspberry-rose-cream-truffles/

• March 5, 2014 at 01:58

It is something that you get better at the more you do it ;). I am happy you tried the truffles, thank you for sharing :)!

29. April 2, 2014 at 14:35

Thank you for posting this amazing recipe! I gave it a shot and here are my results. ;-) http://sinceresoulslife.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/raw-raspberry-rose-cream-truffles/

30. April 2, 2014 at 14:36

31. November 11, 2014 at 00:17

I made this today for my family. It was very simple to make and super delicious to eat. Thank you for this post.